Summer Scholars Program
SUMMER SCHOLARS SUPPORT FOR CALIFORNIA HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
In order to apply for Summer Scholars Support, you need to meet the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- You are registered and attending a high school in the state of California;
- You have not received any UCLA Summer Scholars Support in the past;
- You will be a continuing high school student in Fall 2019 (seniors graduating in 2019 are not eligible);
- You have a family annual adjusted gross income of $115,000 or less; and
- You are enrolled in an academic course, the Summer College Immersion Program, or an eligible Precollege Summer Institute offered through UCLA Summer Sessions.
If you do not meet all of the criteria listed above, please do not proceed with the application.
Applying for Summer Scholars Support does not constitute an enrollment in 2019 UCLA Summer Sessions. For information on how to enroll, visit www.summer.ucla.edu. If you apply to the Summer College Immersion Program or a Summer Institute program that requires instructor consent, you must be approved first to enroll in the program.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLAR SUPPORT
- Register for an academic course, Precollege Summer Institute, or the Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP). Payment of the non-refundable deposit is required (with the exception of those applying for Deferred Deposit).
- Prepare all required supplemental documents BEFORE starting the application form.
- An unofficial copy of your most recent high school transcript;
- A copy of your parent(s) or guardian(s) 2018 W2(s) (if they are eligible for the W2 form). Please blackout all social security numbers;
- A copy of page 1-2 of your parent(s) or guardian(s) 2018 Federal Income Tax Form (1040). If self-employed, also include "Profit or Loss from Business" page. Please blackout all social security numbers;
- A student resume; and
- One 400-500 word personal statement addressing the following prompt: Describe a pivotal moment or experience in your education and how it has shaped the person you are today and/or your goals for the future.
Applications for Summer Scholars Support will be reviewed and judged based on academic merit as well as financial need. Priority will be given to those who have not had any comparable experience.
Those awarded a scholarship will receive an award up to but not exceeding the total amount for a single academic course (up to 5 units), a single Summer Institute, or enrollment in the Summer College Immersion Program (SCIP). Awards are not intended to cover travel costs and may not cover textbooks or other course materials.
- April 1: Deadline to submit the Summer Scholars Support Online Form.
- April 26: Award announcements are sent via email to students at 5pm.
- May 1: If awarded, students must confirm acceptance of a scholarship by replying to the award email.
HAVING REVIEWED THIS INFORMATION, DO YOU WISH TO CONTINUE WITH APPLICATION?